Menu Close

Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Back in the Saddle

Real life had me essentially "away" for a couple of days, but I'm back to the usual daily routine now. Tons of administrative things to deal with, but then I'll be back on the projects I've been trying to get off the ground.

Apologies for those of you who noticed my unannounced absence.

It did seem awfully quiet the last few days.

Oh, I imagine it will get very LOUD in the next two-three weeks. For Unit Commanders especially.

How you got that horse aboard ship I'll never know Aubrey πŸ˜‰

She'll have to take her turn at the capstan like the rest of the crew!

Quote from HQ_Admin on October 13, 2020, 1:27 PM

Oh, I imagine it will get very LOUD in the next two-three weeks. For Unit Commanders especially.

Hello and I hope all is well by you.

A couple of questions, where is the "Unit News"section, I was looking for it but must not be lookng in the correct place.

Second, is it possible to make a change in forum operations where if a person posts a thread or replies to the thread they are automatically subscribed to that thread?

That would be a real handy feature if it is possible to do without a buttload of re-coding.

And lastly, if I can pull it off, would you be willing to talk to a "talker" about the CDF?

I can assure you there will be no gotcha question and it will be a receptive interview, this talker has views that are quite aligned with the majority here.

If it can be setup you would call in to a backdoor line at least 15 minutes ahead of time, you will be placed on hold and will be hearing the program audio pre-delay so do not try to listen in with a radio or on-line as that is post delay and will confuse the heck out of you, most commonly the host will go into a break and the producer will come in on the call and advise you are up next, you will be placed back on hold but with no program audio, sooner or later you will hear the host introducing you and you are then live, it's common courtesy to thank the host for allowing you to speak and then the interview will begin.

I cannot guarantee this will happen but wanted to get your permission in advance before I made the pitch to the host.